Where was the Egerland?
The Egerland, before 1945-6, was in Western Bohemia, a part of the Sudetenland. Much of it had been settled by Germans. The Regierungsbezirk Eger or Government district of Eger was 7,466 square kilomenters and had a population of 803,300 inhabitants by 1939. The people who settled there were from the region of Upper Franconia and the Upper Palatinate. It was a landscape favored by nature. There were rich agricultural lands, health resorts like Karlsbad, Marienbad, Franzensbad, and St. Joachimsthal that brought many cure-seeking visitors to the district. Silver and radium were found around St. Joachimsthal and Kaulin. Precious clays surrounded Kalrsbad and Wildstein, and brown coal was located near Falkenau. The district was heavily wooded, with industries that took advantage of these rich forest resources.
Source: Bartl, Ernst, "Egerland, einst und jetzt," 1959